Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

looking to buy this truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TRIGGER, Aug 21, 2010.

1. TRIGGER

TRIGGER New Member

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a 1999 GMC Sierra XCab 2500...it has 143,000 and VERY well taken care of..he wants 7900...im thinking more like 6500...is it a good deal?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Is it a 2wd or 4X4, automatic or stick, long or short bed?
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the Site.......I would add to what Silveradotrailerblazer has ask.....and that is..... What if any mods have been done to the Truck,also are there any Maintenance records.
  4. TRIGGER

TRIGGER New Member

5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It must be a 4x2 since he doesn't mention 4x4.
    $7900 seems high-this might have been a work vehicle-tow vehicle-so it should be less-more like your price than his.
    Find out what he used it for.
    Charlie
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I see it has a bedliner. If its a drop-in bedliner lift the liner up and make sure the previuos owner didn't have a fifth wheel or goose neck hitch in it and removed leaving a hole in the bed. We had this happen to many customers who purchased used trucks, mostly 3/4 ton trucks. Also I think because it is a 3/4 ton,2wd and long bed it may have been used for towing.
  7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2 on all the above posts.. And from what i can see it is a 2wd, there is no 4X4 shift buttons and there isnt a 4X4 shifter on the floor. I would do a little searching on the clue book as well. And the towing aspect. Because sometimes you can get a good used tow rig and sometimes you get some that werent cared for properly.