1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking to change exhaust...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by j_hop14, Sep 30, 2013.

1. j_hop14

j_hop14 New Member

Hi I have 97 Chevy C1500 and I was wondering what I could to get it to sound louder with a type of growling noise. Any suggestions? I was thinking about getting a Cherry Bomb muffler but I'm not as educated about cars. Any tips would be great!
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome! Glass packs will definitely get you a more aggressive sound from your vehicle. You could also go with an aftermarket exhaust system from FlowMaster or Magnaflow (would try to go a 1/2 inch wider than stock pipes) to get your growl. I'd also couple the exhaust with a Cold Air Intake system. Doing both should get you the sound you're looking for! Enjoy, and keep the questions coming!
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum and changed your title to match your topic as this will help in getting more opinions/responses related to your question.
  4. j_hop14

j_hop14 New Member

Thanks a lot! I'll look into it.