Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking to get a new truck - 2009 Silverado 4x4 Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm looking at this truck this week. I think it's overpriced, but what do I know? The used truck & SUV market is CRAZY right now.

2009-silverado.jpg
    27895803185.331644703.IM1.13.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Update: It's a 2009 1500 Z71 Crew Cab with about 50k miles with the 5.3L engine. Ignore the phone number. They're asking $27k+ for it. I think I can get a new 2012 for about $35k with the same configuration.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice Looking Silverado Steve,

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

could be better, could be worse, i payed right at 34k for mine, and it was a 11 with 15XXX mileage. it has running boards and what looks like a drop in liner. more pics would help. tires look good. im gonna guess a LT1?

i think a better deal could be had, but i dont know what the truck market has done that last 6 months, or what its like in texas. If you want ill get ya the number to the dealer i bought mine from, im sure they would help out.

ALex

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This looks like a better deal ...

84ea3e38f9f7b315d63817832247ad4adb43921d_large.jpg 814f228cd976a0023f6c1a4d207b79f71d8ca6a1_large.jpg

Again, IGNORE the website URL at the bottom of the page. This looks like a demo that's returned, so it's under 5000 miles and they can count it as a new truck so all of the incentives from the factory will apply. If it's not a demo, then it's still not a bad price, it's just a better price if it's a demo. :)

5. ChevyFan

No, that's a used truck but it's a low-mile 2012 4WD 4.8L LS Crew Cab ... so being LS means it's cheaper so I get to customize it how I want. :)

6. Sierraowner5.3

do what you want, its your money!

Alex

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The beds are too short on both of those trucks, Steve. :sign0020:

Ok, I made that statement because I have a long bed and to be funny, but on a serious note, the crew cabs only have 5.5 foot beds (standard size) if I recall correctly. To me, that's not a truck with a bed, that's a 4-door 'country cadillac' with an open trunk. Bed-wise it's got about the same utility as an El Camino ... but unlike the El Camino it has 4 doors.

An Avalanche has a longer bed and, thus, more utility ... assuming you open the midgate. And it, too, has 4 doors...

If you can live with a small bed, then go for it! And 27k used is steep. Of course the new prices are pretty ridiculous, too...

8. Sierraowner5.3

i believe that red one is a work truck based upon the floor shift 4x4 and the center console....

Alex

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I didn't see that you mentioned a price on the red one, but it does seem kind of lite on the options if the manual driver's seat is any indication. And the first truck does seem kind of pricey (but maybe not for your area). I just checked a few ads here and you can either get more truck for that price like a 2500 HD, or comparable for a few thousand less. If the Dallas area has an over priced market, may not be a bad idea to start looking in neighboring cities.

10. ChevyFan

The floor-shift is really a deal killer. well, 90% deal killer. Wonder if that can be switched out with the electronic shifter? Anyone know??