Looking to lift my truck.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by klx300a6, Aug 16, 2012.

1. klx300a6

klx300a6 New Member

I recently aquired a 2006 silverado 1500 4x4 with the 5.3. Curently I get 16.5 to 17.5 mpg. I also have a k&N air filter in it. I have been considering three lift options, while keeping the stock tire size. 1. leveling kit. 2. 2" lift kit. 3. 2" lift and leveling kit. I was wondering what kind of effect the lift would have on my gas mileage. I have a friend who has a toyota tundra, he put just a leveling kit on his truck and the gas mileage dropped down 3 - 4 miles per gallon.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Bigger tire and wheel combo will mean more power from the motor to turn them.. So yes MPG's will go down..And gas prices are going up again...Going up without bigger tires.. Not sure but your handleing will be effected..

3. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

If your going to keep stock, i would only level it. If your go with a 2 inch your gonna wanna beef up the tires a little bit. Mostly just a little wider/taller and little more aggresive will be able to fit.

4. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

+1

10 chara