1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking to Purchase HD

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pboerschlein, Apr 5, 2009.

1. pboerschlein

pboerschlein New Member

Hi All,
    I am looking to upgrade from my Trailblazer EXT to something bigger and give the wife it. I have another kid on the way and 2 dogs (large Labradoodles) so with 3 kids the wife and dogs I am thinking a crew cab with a cap will work out. I pull a double axle trailer frequently and have been unable to use it with much of anything in it with the trailblazer and a 20 ft boat. I would like the 6.0L engine, but since the wife is out of work getting ready to take care of the baby I cannot afford new. I came across a really clean 2006 Silverado LT1 Crew Cab 4x4 with a cap. The Truck has the 6L with 97,000 miles on it. In the past i have owned 5 suburban and normally drive them till about 200,000 miles, but I do not know the longevity of the newer style vehicles. Please offer your thoughts on the reliability of this truck as my freind has an extended cab with the same engine and loves it.
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Good luck finding a truck.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the site
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The 2500HD w/6.0 is a great truck however the 2500HD w/6.6 Duramax turbo-diesel would beat it hands down for power, longevity, towing capacity, and mileage.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Oh I don't know, I think Dwill is just a little biased in his opinion. Just kidding SHRTBUS!:party:
    I think you will be happy with the 6.0, you might not like the gas mileage you'll get. The crew cab is definately a good choice, I used to hate my extended cab it was a real pain in the neck sometimes. Welcome to the club!.........AMY
  6. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site!
  7. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!

I agree with Dwill go with the duramax if you can. you won't regret it. But still the 6.0L will do the job just fine. Once again as Amy said gas mileage, especially while towing, will not be stellar. But a few mods and it will be bearable.
  8. bob13

bob13 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Since 03 I have had an ext. cab with a 5.3 and love it. I pull a 20 camper with no problems. My new truck also has the 5.3. Sorry I can,t give any info on the 6.0
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!