1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

looking to upgrade, don't know what! '05 sub

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by whymeintrouble, Dec 26, 2009.

1. hi all,

got a 2005 1500 Z71 Suburban, and the only thing I've upgraded thus far(2.5yrs of ownership) are the tires, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro 285/70/17. I think the truck deserves a gift for christmas, even if it is a little late. looking to spend no more than $500. wouldn't mind getting higher mpg, or even more power....mmmmmmmm, power..... I've seen the Hypertech Max Energy Tuner, and seems like it may fit the bill. I've found a few threads with mixed reviews, really depends on the
    the driver, from what I've seen. anyone have experience with one in a burb, post please, I'd like to hear your thoughts :)

thanks in advance and a belated merry christmas!!!

2. kukini808

kukini808 Member

could look into getting a CAI...I got a Volant CAI and its pretty good

3. thanks for the suggestion kukini808

anyone else have any experience with CAIs on the burb :) Volant or otherwise.