Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Loose seat

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by joejbv, Dec 14, 2009.

1. joejbv

joejbv New Member

Hey my name is Joe and am new to the site so still trying to get use to things. Need help with 2000 Silverado power seat that moves forward and back when stopping and starting. Can anyone help?
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone on here will be able to give you some advice on your seat.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I assume you have checked out all the mounting bolts. Other than that it would have to be a worn mechanism in the electronic contols part, I would think.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum and hope you find a answer for that seat, sounds dangerous:gasp:
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!
  6. 6.0gmt800

6.0gmt800 New Member

I had this same problem on my 2000 Sierra. A guy on Ebay is selling replacement bushings with instructions for $15. Took me about 4 hours to do both seats and eliminated all the slop in the track. You can find it by typing in GM Power Seat Unwanted Movement/Play Repair kit on Ebay.
  7. joejbv

joejbv New Member

Want to thank you for the information on the repair kit for my seat in my 2000 Silverado. Have already ordered the part but since my son now has the truck and is stationed in Colorado Springs I will have to wait till he comes home on leave to see if it will fit my seats. My seats are all power.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011