1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lost Truck Keys

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Big_Ben, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

Here's a new one:

I found a set of truck Chevy truck keys. The ring has two keyless entry remotes on it and one truck key for a Chevy. I took it to the dealership where I found it (small town of 3,000 people) and they said they couldn't anything but that a bigger dealership might have some way of finding the owner. So once back in Thunder Bay I took it to the dealership again and they too said they have no way of locating the vehicle or finding out who owns it.

I was thinking maybe they could use the codes or model numbers from the back of the remote but apparently not.

Anyways, a few questions

1) Anyone know of a way of finding the owner so I can return the key?
    2) If it's impossible to locate the owner (more than likely), I know the key is useless but can the remotes be reprogrammed for other Chevy trucks?

The guy at the dealership said the only thing he could tell me is that it looks like it's from a 2007 new style truck. Not sure if he meant specifically 2007 or just referring to when the body style changed.
  2. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

yeah if it looks like a nicer fob then ur 04 fob then its from a 07 and up ithink... drive aaround and hit the panic button lol
  3. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

Lol when I was in the small town I seriously considered this.
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

That's actually a great idea MPC, especially in a small town. It shouldn't take too long...