1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lots to do on my truck this weekend, any last bits of advice?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by McClintoc, Aug 29, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So in a couple of days I'll be at my dads and we are going to do several things to my truck:

• Installing AirAid MIT
    • Replacing engine belts and belt tensioners
    • Replacing alternator
    • Replacing rear diff cover seal and rear diff fluid
    • Replacing front wheel bearing/hub assemblies
    • Replacing front brake rotors
    • Replacing front brake pads
    • Installing 2" leveling kit

Looking at that list, are there any last-minute tips or tricks I should know before I get started?

Thanks!
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

NEED LOTS OF BEER!!!:great:
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

LOL, true that! It's going to be hot!
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

inventory the tools, then check it again. lots of rags, maybe some bandaids? busted knuckles are a pain.

where did you get the air aid MIT? im looking at getting one.

Alex
  5. McClintoc

Cheapest place I found it was on Auto Zone's website.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree. Inventory your tools. Stay organized and have a lot of patience. Nothing sucks more than getting POed at a bolt that will not come out when you are just starting. Then the rest of your day just goes down hill. If you can't get a bolt out. Spray her down with PB blast and go work on the other side. Hopefully that side goes smoothly and then you can attack the problem bolt.