1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Loud pop when I turn the wheel in 4 wheel drive

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tennessee0318, Mar 22, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Tennessee0318

Tennessee0318 New Member

My 2002 chevy silverado makes a loud pop when i turn the wheel and 4 wheel drive is engauged. It is not a continuos popping. It only happens once every time i turn. I'm new to the problems with chevy trucks and the problems that come along with having a lift and larger tires. any suggestions on what it could be?
  2. rph74

rph74 New Member

That is perfectly normal operation for part time 4wd trucks. Popping, binding in turns, particularly on dry pavement. Reminder 4wd should never be used on dry pavement! I too thoughts had issues, as I was accustomed to my full time 4wd Land Cruiser. At first I didn't understand the concept of no 4wd in the dry.