Louder exhuast?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Lugnuts, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Member

I had a single hooker muffler for a week (good tone, low volume), just changed it to a flowmaster muffler (good tone, low volume). I come from an ls1 f-body background so when my vehicle has a v8 I want to hear the thing, even at idle. Every exhuast I've looked at has doesn't seem to be too loud. I'm about to buy some hi flo cats or some electric cutouts. I just want that great muscle car sound on my truck. What keeps my exhuast so freakin quiet?

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i too have a single 40 flowmaster (dumped) its not to loud when idiling :/

the super 44 sieries has a very "nastey" tone to it and is much louder when idiling :rofl:

3. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

try dual's and the cat's quiet it down alot

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Member

Right now I'm debating between the super 40 and the super 44. I think I have the 70 series on my truck right now.

5. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Super 44 for the win :party:

And remove the cats if you can!

6. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

While you're at it, see if you can dump all your old automotive fluids down the drain of your community sewer, shoot and mount a bald eagle to put in your garage (it will look REALLY cool!), and change out the A/C freon of your truck by opening it up to let it all escape the system (it will hiss and escape under pressure..don't worry about the little that's left) and then just add a whole new charge.

Oh, and see if maybe there's any asbestos in your house anywhere. Shred some up and stick it behind the filter of your neighbor's central air system. That's just too funny! And if they have small kids... bonus!

*thumbs up*

:whistle:

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Member

As soon as I get some more money I think I might just go for the headers and CAI. I do like the way those super 44's sound on you tube though, sick.

8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hhahahaaa :lol: :rofl:

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

don't forget to burn some styrofoam and aluminum cans and if you can get you hands on some mercury....:rofl:

10. Mizzike

Mizzike New Member

I work around old muscle cars when I can all of them have the super 40 series on them when I got exhaust on my truck I did the 40 series delta flow and it gave me the noise I wanted but check out the 40 series they should give you what your looking for there some bad mothers.