1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Love my truck, but sports car he ain't! :=)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Johnny_Buchanan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member

I bet everyone has a favorite road or stretch somewhere. Mine is a winding road of appr. 13 miles that takes me from my home town to village where my brothers farm is.

I've driven this road for decades, for fun and for purpose – with a truck a comfortable 55 mph average can maintained and with a performance car 80ish averages are easily achieved

Yesterday I drove out with Red Dust my father riding shotgun. We collected my Italian supermini that has spent few days sitting on my brother's yard. On our way over I made some drivability, comfort and performance comments about the Chevy when comparing it to my father’s truck, a Merc Sprinter.

The Old Geezer - who is a hardcore MB man - didn't appreciate and when coming back, me driving Red Dust and Pa piloting the 1,2 litre Fiat Punto he did put the hammer down..

Frankly, I got my ass handed to me, the mass and chassis of Chevy really working against me and the small underpowered supermini simply disappeared to the horizon.
    On the other hand, the Fiat would walk over the Sprinter as well...

-J
  2. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Sounds like it's time to turn that truck into a street machine. Nothing a set of sway bars, new shocks and new rims and tires can't fix, along with some lowering if thats your style :)
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Ive seen the Punto, and a car will usually outrun a truck especially on corners. I have a saturn SC2 that will kill my truck even in a straight line. But the truck can haul three of those saturns, and not be bothered... plus the saturn cant haul my boat or my camper, or get to most of my favorite fishing spots.
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Anybody remember the movie Better off Dead?
    When my old '75 Jimmy (full time 4x4, 33's, just enough gas to get where I was going) was my primary driver, there was a kid with a Camaro and a 2 foot hood scoop that always rumbled up next to me at the traffic light - "Wanna run 'em?"

This went on for about two summers when I finally said "Yea! Meet my at Ceresco trail in ten minutes!" He said "I can't go down there with this" - I said "And this isn't a race car". That was the last time we had that conversation.

Now, my uncle's Typhoon is another story...
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I don't know about you but I drive my Avalanche like a Vette... :) I take turns faster and hold the road better then some BMW's,and Audi's. There is a nice wide turn by me that I can take at 75 MPH with my nice rims and tires on and I've had people move over and give my the finger...

Sway bars,CAI,Programer,Exhust,Breaks.. For under $2K You can have some fun too...
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member 1000 Posts

I want my 2 dollars.
    Great movie!