1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low air flow even when it is on max airflow

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by chevy_truck_driver, May 8, 2013.

1. chevy_truck_driver

chevy_truck_driver New Member

The ac is blowing cold air but on max ac it is not have very much air flow. I have all four blower speeds but when i am on position 3 just under max when i hit bumps it will speed up and slow down. I was wonder what it could possibly be if it was the blower motor control module or if it was maybe the blower motor resistor. Any ideas would be great thanks.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like the resistor to me.. Check that out under the Pass side dash Also I think you have a Cabin Air filter check to see if that has ever been changed..
  3. chevy_truck_driver

chevy_truck_driver New Member

It is an old body style 99 chevy k1500 and i did not think they started putting cabin filters in until the new body style. Is there one in the old body style?
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well my 02 Avalanche had one.. Check under the Pass side dash or behind the glove box or owners booklet..