1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low and High beam HID's

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Bigmacnchez, Feb 15, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez New Member

I have question's about my Hid's. I have HID's in the low and high beams. My question is can I use the relay kit that when my high beams are on so are the low? And would it get too hot and melt the headlight?
  2. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member 100 Posts

i have 55 watt hid low beams, 35 watt hid high beams and the high beam relay kit. i've had no problems at all
  3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

HIDs actually run cooler then regular headlight bulbs... I've seen many people do the All-On-High mod with HIDs...
  4. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 New Member

are the 55watt any brighter than the 35w
  5. Badbrad469

They're a good amount brighter. Not as much of a difference like going from halogen to hid. But you can tell a difference over the 35watt kit.
  6. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 New Member

ive got 35w in the highs and lows but i think im gonna get some 55w balasts for my lows cause i never ever use the highs unless im on a backroad where i know deer cross. i should be able to use the 30000k bulbs i have with the 55w ballast right?
  7. Badbrad469

it depends on what the bulb is rated for. i got mine from ddmtuning and all of their bulbs are rated for 55w. some kits from other companies are only rated for 35w if u buy a 35w kit. heres the deal with the 55w kit though, with it being 55w, it actually "washes out" some of the color. so, i have 10000k in my low beams and 8000k in my high beams and they're the same color. if i would've done 8000k in the 55w, it would look more like 6000k
  8. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

x2 I plan on doing the 4 high myself, but do it twice, so my fog lights stay on with my high beams as well.
  9. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 New Member

i checked the bulbs and they should hold the 55w but what your saying is that the 30000k which mine are the blue ones and will look more white. i actually kinda like that idea haha thats just my opinion though.
  10. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

That's how my truck is... Just without the HIDs... I havent gotten around to that upgrade yet...