1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low oil pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Mathewsman, Jan 22, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Mathewsman

Mathewsman New Member

This is my last time going to a chevy dealership. I had my 2010 chevy crew cab in three times over the last year for replacement of the fuel sensor, oil pressure sensor, leaking trans cooler lines, ect... For almost 1700 dollars in repairs. I asked for some goodwill on this last bill an got the run around. I then asked for a for sale sign. I'll be buying ford from here on out. Gm warranty is a joke!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a guy standing at the service desk with his new truck, 2 weeks old already in the shop. I told him good luck, you just got screwed by GM. The faces of the people at the desk almost made the sting of the lasted bill almost worth it. Almost. The know the sensors are junk on all there trucks.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

Sorry about your luck.......
  3. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am sure the ford will be a better truck than the gm 2010. most are very happy with these new ford trucks.

good luck.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

wait a second. how far were you out of warranty? most gm service parts carry a 12 month 12,000 mile parts and labor warranty. were the same sensors replaced? I have to say, if you went to a dealer in stead of a local trans shop or repair shop for a leaking trans line then you probably paid double the price. Most repair shops in my area are $65 an hour compared to $100 at a dealer.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm sure you realize GM does not make the sensors------------------Ford probably buys theirs from the same supplier.

Hmmmm, just noticed only 1 post................you probably won't be back.
  6. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, this is his first and only post...just joined. Why would someone join a forum just to post that they are leaving the ranks? Maybe reasonable, but I would not be surprised to find that there is a whole lot more to this tale.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

oh, he said he was going to buy a ford. I was plowing in a brand new f250 last week. Nice truck, I did not care for the dash, but whatever. Anyway, the truck had 200 miles on it when I got in it. As I was plowing I noticed that the horn honked when turning the wheel. Then it just stayed on until the horn burned out. Then I looked down and the DIC was going nuts, changing languages, units, resetting the oil life monitor. Then the airbag light came on. This in a truck with under 500 miles on it! My point is that no matter what you buy you are going to have some issues here and there. The issue on the ford ended up being pinched wires in the steering column. If you are taking your truck to the dealer for work that is not covered under warranty then in my opinion you really can't complain when they ask for your first born as payment. 99% of people know that the dealer labor rate is very high and the price of parts is marked up even higher. After I took it in for the first sensor I would have gone to a local shop next time I had an issue (if I could not have done the work myself) and had it done. The parts would have been half the price and the labor 2/3 of the price.