1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low speed ABS problem

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by pipeguy, Mar 16, 2010.

1. pipeguy

pipeguy New Member

Hi guys, I have been noticing a problem with my abs, it only happens ocasionally, when I am almost stopped my abs kicks in and it takes me 5 or 6 extra feet to stop. Is there a way to temporary dissable this feature until i take it to a shop? I have a 2002 sierra ext cab v8 with auto 4x4,and do you guys know what has to be replaced or cleaned? thanks.
  2. cobra2end

cobra2end New Member

My parents have a 99 1 ton that does the same thing. I havent been able to fig it out yet i have bled the breaks at least 5 times and my dad has done the same. not sure what it is but makes driving the truck kind of hard.
  3. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member

i had the same problem with my truck. it's usually wheel speed sensor. mine ended up being the entire hub assembly itself because the wheel bearing was shot. when you buy the whole hub, it comes with a new wheel speed sensor. i replaced the hub, and problems were gone
  4. FireRed

FireRed New Member

Do like I have done pull the fuse until you get an answer, I also have a 2002 under the hood drivers side pull the cover off the box there is a 60AMP fuse marked ABS on the lid pull it and everything works perfect just no ABS.