1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low Tire warning light '08 silverado

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by tayriver@xplornet.com, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Just bought an 08 silverado , low tire message on ,Tires are perfect, Can I shut that off? My new OBDll scanner dosent seem to recognize it.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The '08 trucks will try to tell you which wheel/tire is low. When you say the tires are perfect, did you check the pressure in all wheels (spare does not has a sensor), the tires may not be aligned with the presure readings

If you have checked all tires and you are sure the spare is not being used as a running wheel, you probably have a bad sensor in one of the wheels.

To the best of my knowledge, the system can not be turned off (you can blame Ford and their Explorer for this feature).