1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lower Air Dam Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jjcrow, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jjcrow

jjcrow New Member

I am thinking of taking of that plastic lower air dam. I was wondering if there are negative effects in doing so. Any thoughts one way or another?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Take it off, it looks 10 times better without it, and it makes no difference to the truck mechanically. I've had mine off my '05 for quite a while now and I know a lot of the NNBS guys on here have taken theirs off too.
  3. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

have had mine off for some time now ... no problems
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just do it! Took mine off and love the way it looks.
    1 person likes this.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've had mine off my '05 since new with no issues.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Take it off,the truck looks better without it.
  7. jjcrow

jjcrow New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Takin it off this weekend!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Real easy mod -1 bolt on each side then clips along the front that you pry off.Take some before and after pics and post them.
  9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 on what BigB said. Super easy and if you dont like it, well it take about 3 minutes to put it back but how can you not like instant 4" lift???
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well what it does is give you more front end down force when driving for better handling at speeds above 120 MPH.. What does that mean to a 5000LBS Truck? Nothing...