Lower Air Dam Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jjcrow, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jjcrow

jjcrow New Member

I am thinking of taking of that plastic lower air dam. I was wondering if there are negative effects in doing so. Any thoughts one way or another?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Take it off, it looks 10 times better without it, and it makes no difference to the truck mechanically. I've had mine off my '05 for quite a while now and I know a lot of the NNBS guys on here have taken theirs off too.
  3. Pflor86

Pflor86 New Member

have had mine off for some time now ... no problems
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Just do it! Took mine off and love the way it looks.
    1 person likes this.
  5. I've had mine off my '05 since new with no issues.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Take it off,the truck looks better without it.
  7. jjcrow

jjcrow New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Takin it off this weekend!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Real easy mod -1 bolt on each side then clips along the front that you pry off.Take some before and after pics and post them.
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member

X2 on what BigB said. Super easy and if you dont like it, well it take about 3 minutes to put it back but how can you not like instant 4" lift???
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well what it does is give you more front end down force when driving for better handling at speeds above 120 MPH.. What does that mean to a 5000LBS Truck? Nothing...
  11. bacon89

bacon89 New Member

Exactly! But I do believe the NBS 1500's are electronically governed at 100 MPH anyway... At least that’s when my motor decided to cut out on me. It had so much more gear left in it too…
  12. jjcrow

jjcrow New Member

13. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Looks great. Gives the impression that the truck is higher up than it really is. Nice job:great:
  14. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Looks great!!
  15. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Thanks for the pics!I knew you would like the look better.
  16. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Good decision....looks great!!!
  17. phoebeisis

phoebeisis New Member

I kinda wonder if the little chin spoiler on my 1998 is there to slightly improve HY FE?
    Doubt it is worth more than .2 mpg- so take it off it you don't like the looks
  18. Looks good. I just took mine off the other day and I am happy with it. Don't know if anyone will notice it. It's one of those really subtle changes where someone would think it looks different, but not know how/why. I think it looks 100% better.
  19. Slim-pickins

Slim-pickins New Member

Instant Face Lift...I did this the night I had brought my truck home. Should have seen the wife...I still had the window sticker on the truck and start pulling tools for mods
  20. 5Cent

5Cent New Member

Sweet, glad I found this thread. I was looking over my 11' and that thing is just downright ugly, let alone to close to the ground!