1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lowered, Lifted or Stock? - Need a poll

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by asstda2b, Jul 10, 2008.

?

Your ride is:

1. Lowered

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Stock

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Lifted

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

I feel like such the loner here becuase i am lowered. Steve: can we have a poll...

Your ride is:

1. lowered
    2. stock
    3. lifted

It seems everyone is stock or lifted, so i was curious to see.
  2. DRMZ28

DRMZ28 Member

stock...If i were to do anything to my truck...lift
    although for your vehicle i am all for lowering, and even if my truck was 2wd i would lower it.
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Stock. I've done the lowered/lifted thing before with other vehicles.

With lowered, you can run into ride quality and ground clearance issues.

Lifted, your lose some handling and drivability.

All depending on how high or low you go and what kind of vehicle it is, of course.
    But for this vehicle, I like stock. :)
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Stock here. If anything, I'd like to just level it out (never have been fond of the nose down look).
  5. dryfuss10

dryfuss10 Rockstar 100 Posts

Stock here with some GMC add ons
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

lifted now, going higher soon :great:
  7. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks. my dad growing up was all into lifting and now he has his daughter and son who love to lower. My brother still has the silverado that was stolen. i should post a picutre of what it looked like to what it looks like now thanks to the help of some thugs. Chevy told me to buy the trailblazer and said of course you can do the same things to the TB that you can do to a blazer. (boy were they wrong) I am just still bumbed because i want to slam the TB to the ground. Anyone have any help to offer?

Omegafiler: Trust me I completely understand. ride quality sucks. i pick up everything on the freeway when going only 30-40 mph. (which is about all you can go in LA) But i was all about looks and didn't mind loosing the quality. Ground clearance, yup i get trucks right up on my butt when i have to slow down to go through a dip or a over a bump. i think i am just use to it though.

My dad lowered by boyfriends car for him, (my boyfriend is mechanically challenged) and he came home saying "well, i just ruined another vehicle" he hates people who lower. oh well.
  8. Opex

Opex Member

stock... mytruck sits high enough as is but im thinkin bout buttin just a body lift kit... if i dont i will def level it iv with retired2001 on the not having the nose down
  9. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well my truck is stock for right now. When it comes time to the major change I'm not sure if I want to A) Go with a 6" lift with 35's, B) Supercharger with new gears headers and the works, or C) Put all the money towards the truck I really want DENALI. I was fine with the height mine was at because the front sat even with my buddies 06 with 33's and a 4" lift. He has since gone to a 7" lift with 35's so now I've got some work to do. :glasses:
  10. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Lifted, but only a little. A lowered 4wd that sees quite a bit of off road time wouldn't make much sense for me.:rofl: