1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lowered or lifted....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 00chevy53, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

which do you prefer....
  2. JW_71

JW_71 New Member

Lowered offcourse.......
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Lifted,not a fan of lowered trucks,although a couple of days ago i did see a nbs Silverado lowered and thought it looked pretty good.
  4. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Not even a question in opinion...just look at my sig...
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Stock to mild lift (no more than 6inches) since you take away a trucks fuel economy and also alot of the durability with a lift.. And i get around just fine in a Z71 at stock height and i go most places guys with lifts dont want to go.. Its all about picking the right line and driving it with a bit of care and a bit of insanity at the same time.. HAHA
  6. Bigbomber

I Should have been more specific when i said lifted.My truck will be high enough for me once i get my 285s on.With my Bilsteins ,readylift rear blocks and the new rubber i will have lifted my truck 4 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear which will be as high as i want to go.I like looking at the 6 " and higher lifted trucks but i wouldn't want one
  7. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Mild lift , never cared for low trucks , just a personal opinion. I want to be able to use the truck if I need to ( hauling and off road)
  8. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 Rockstar

i like lifted same with the lowered they just dont seem right.
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Depends on the truck. I think 1999 and up trucks look better lifted, but the older C10s and trucks from the 50s look good lowered. Also depends on the body, regular cabs look better lowered but ext. cabs and crew cabs look good lifted, IMO. But if I had to pick just one, I'd go for lifted.
  10. Bigbomber

YA i agree with you on the 50s trucks looking good lowered.