1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lowered Suburban's whats the point in owning a Burban if it cant go over speed bumps

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BobEhud, Sep 30, 2011.

1. BobEhud

BobEhud Rockstar

Maybe its just me but i pulled in next to a slammed Burban and i could only shake my head.I work in this industry and never understood lowered trucks..? I mean whats the point!You want something like that buy a station wagon..lol..

Yes i understand everyones different and im sure there is a lot of working involved.....but eeeew

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I lowered my S-10 and loved it. Just like a jacked up truck, whats the point after 6 inches of lift?? Do you really need that much ground clearance? And most BIG trucks never use the height, just mall queens, so really if lowering helps handling it is more functionable than a lift. Would I have a slamed burb, No but I do respect what it takes to get such a large truck down on the ground. JMO.
  3. BobEhud

BobEhud Rockstar

no i couldn't agree ore where my shop is i see trucks with 12in plus lift..im sure they have a ton of money in them i really dont have a lift my extra height comes from having complete 1 ton running gear.A truck with up to 8 inchs lift is still easier to rack than a slammed truck.

if handling is someones quest there are lots of cars out there that handle like they are on-rails.AND lifting a lowered truck without a flat rack is a PITA..cant go on the drive up approach angle is all wrong and you will drag.4 post with swing arms dont go low enough.

Im sure there is some reason for dropping a truck but most don't do it right leaving the truck with a harsh ride,front end geometry all out of whack and then have an issue when i cant do an alignment.

Again...eeeew
  4. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I think it is a sliding scale. You can drive a comfortable, safe, simple, economic vehicle (think honda fit or toyota prius) on one side of the scale. You can drive an inconvenient, gas-guzzling, always in the shop car (think extremely lowered or raised truck, almost any italian sports car or a highly-modded american muscle car) on the other end of the scale. Or, you can wind up somewhere in between. Some people choose the fancy looks over convenience. I accept that. However, I won't be doing that to my car/truck. I land in the middle, with some subtle modifications...
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

mrs.silveradotrailblazer had me lower here Trailblazer with a Belltech 2-3 kit, 275/45-20 Bridgestones and Hotchkis swaybars so she could go around corners fast. I on the other hand like lifted trucks, but not to high because IMO when they get to high they look like swamp buggies.
  6. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a problem leaving my vehicles at Stock height. :)

With that said, my two four door sedans, have slight lowering, maybe an inch or two. And it helps for handling and makes it fun. I suppose that is the same for street trucks if done right.

A long time ago, I had a mini-truck that was lowered. Fun to drive. But then again it was a mini-truck, so you could only do so much with it for work. For full size rigs, lift is the way to go in my opinion.

Yukon XL's lowered a bit look nice. I just wouldn't ever do it myself. I enjoy running over things too much. Wrong application in my opinion.