1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lowered to lifted...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 00chevy53, Aug 18, 2012.

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member

Well I'm looking into lifting my truck at least to stock if not a few inches over but the fun is from starting with a truck that's got a 3/4 drop on it from previous owner. Also I'm not sure what front components were changed out other than springs and shocks. What do y'all think?
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Steering knuckles (aka spindles), drop shackles for the rear leafs, probably a c-notch and maybe even an axle flip kit in addition to shorter coils and shocks.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/t.aspx?Page=144 has the normal components that people use to do this as well as the parts to pick your truck back up to stock. IMO, I'd lift the truck back to stock, but leave the rear shackles to keep the truck level.

Is it a 3/4 or a 2/4 drop? Your thread and signature are giving conflicting data
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  3. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member

After being parked next to many other lowered trucks where recent drops have been put on, mine sits at the same height as one with a 3/4.