1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

lowered trucks?

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 00chevy53, Dec 3, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

lets see what yall got....

2. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

3. 10GMCRC

10GMCRC New Member

z.jpg

2010 GMC RC SB 5.3, 4/7 Drop, 50 Series Dumped, Billet Grill, Access Vanish cover, Smoked taillights, 20" Denalis

4. Coolwheels05

Coolwheels05 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, mine is just lowered 2" in the rear to level it out. I have plans for 2" drop spindles and another 2" drop in the rear, so it will be a 2/4 when it's done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. irieone247

irieone247 New Member

Mine has a 4/6 drop, on 22's.
    [​IMG]

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just began the process, I used lowering keys for the front and removed the rear lift block. I have 2" drop shackles for the rear and plan on picking up some 2" drop spindles. I figure with that set up the rear will be higher than the front (as it is now) so I can put some more tension on the keys to level it out, the way it is now there isn't much load on the torsion bars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

@irieone247 I really like the stance on your truck. Nice job!:great:

8. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Adam, didnt you have a leveling kit a while ago? Why did you decide to go from lifted to lowered? just curious. Looks good both ways tho, just my .02

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, I had it raised up about 3", I decided to go back down and lower for a few reasons, I don't go off-road (been there done that in my youth, and almost always broke something!, can't do that with a daily driver!) I'm getting older( nowhere near "one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel" but "I like to be comfortable" older) so a lowered truck is so much easier to use, my wife is only 5' 1" and we have the Grand children a lot, lowered truck makes for easier access to car seats etc. I liked the way my truck looked and think it will look just as good lowered, but I did have a problem with the fact that I had street tires on a lifted truck, didn't quite add up, you know? All terrain tires are twice the price which is hard for me to justify, and eventually they start to ride rough, I enjoy modifying my truck so I decided to make it more streetable, I know some people won't "get it" because it's a 4x4 but that's OK, I don't mind.

Here's a link to the original thread:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?58517-HawaiiKid-s-lowering-parts-put-to-good-use!

10. jeffro2004

jeffro2004 Rockstar

2/4 drop Belltech 2" spindles, 2" shackles, Mcghaugheys 2" lowering leaf springs
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Hey I get it. My truck is a 4x4 also