Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

lowering my truck

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dukhntr08, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dukhntr08

dukhntr08 Member

I plan on lowering the back of my truck 2-3inches to make it level but what I want to know is will it void my warranty if i do lower it

2. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

i dont think so my truck is lowered 4/7 with belltech and is under warranty but they lowered in the dealership well they have local shops that do it for them but i think there nothing wrong with that

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Only the parts affected by the mod would not be covered.

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think what Darcy said is right

5. dukhntr08

dukhntr08 Member

I think I might just have to drop my truck then.

6. SPD2008

SPD2008 New Member

What kits are available to lower the rear on 1/2 ton silverado's (2007-2009 model years)?

7. christina

christina New Member

See now I was told otherwise by my dealership. I am a DYE HARD low rider girl and absolutely cant wait to hammer my 09 Silverado so it's laying frame, BUT... when I looked into the warrenty details and contacted the dealership they said "modifying the suspension in ANY way would definately void it" You may want to look further in to it... Im doing it anyways!

8. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

From what I've heard it all depends on the dealership. Some will allow it and some won't.

9. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It would only void your warranty if what you did to the vehicle caused the problem. For example, if your ujoints go, they probably won't cover them under warranty if you lowered or lifted. It does depend a lot on the dealership though.

10. BGerrits

BGerrits New Member

lowering a truck is like breast reduction.