lowering rear?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 5speedsilverado, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok, my birthday is next month, and i was hoping to get a 2" lowering kit for the rear of my truck, if i do, will i have to get the front end aligned?

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Common sense tells me no since you are not changing the geometry of the front end, I think you'll be fine. But someone else may know different! :glasses:

3. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

I have lowered the rear of many of my trucks and NEVER had any problems. You should be fine.

Good Luck!

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

you shouldn't need to align since you are not changing anything up front

5. 09lowrider

09lowrider New Member

the only way you would need an alignment is if you are going to be moving or changing the tie rods, if you dont adjust them you really wont need to do an alignment with a 2" drop.

Are you going to do 2" drop all the way or a leveling kit? I'm not 100% sure on your style but if you drop the front with out drop spindles you might start to wear the inner parts of your tires faster, if that happens you need drops spindles or caster plates.

6. 5speedsilverado

ok, thanks, and 09lowrider, im just doing the kit on the rear for now

7. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

im assuming your doing the 2" lowering shackles? if so, you will not need to align anything up front, i did this a couple of years ago and it never came out of alignment, you should be good. You will like the look much better too :great:

8. 5speedsilverado

yeah i think it will look good, i we had to get some sand for a path we are making, and we got my truck do do the dirty work:lol: the bed go filled with sand and gave me an idea of how it will look

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]