Lowering Shackles

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dock420, Mar 25, 2012.

1. dock420

dock420 Member

Lurking around I noticed the debate on either placing spacers on the front end or replacing the shackles and taking out the spacer blocks on the rear. After deciding that I really just wanted to get the truck level and fill the wheel wells, I decided to go the shackle route. Total time to complete was about 3 hours with the help of a good friend, and air tools. This included some web searches, and a beer brake or 3. Appreciate everyones discussion on this topic and here is the final result.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks good, I've got my Shackle kit sitting on the work bench waiting for install time.

3. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great!
    I am waiting for the same kit to arrive.. any big advice that might help?

4. dock420

dock420 Member

I followed this link http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118247 . Im sure the same info is on this site, but this was pulled up when I got to my friends house. The only other advise I can give is that air tools are your friends. I couldn't imagine doing it without that. Good luck...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

SEXY! The more i see of the NBS trucks lowered (whether it be just to level it.. or an actual drop) the more I love them! :great:

6. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the link, will definitely use air tools once I get the kit in and find some time to do the install..

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look's great man, I done mine too although it is an oldie the result was still very rewarding. :great:

8. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

That is a little more noticable than I thought it would be. I like it, but for my truck I like the raked look over the level. Awesome job keep up the mods!

9. dock420

dock420 Member

dadngt:
    You could always do the shackle install but leave the blocks in. I think was 1 1/2 inch difference after takeing thhose out. I can measure them later if you want. Just a thought.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012