1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lowering Shackles

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dock420, Mar 25, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. dock420

dock420 Member

Lurking around I noticed the debate on either placing spacers on the front end or replacing the shackles and taking out the spacer blocks on the rear. After deciding that I really just wanted to get the truck level and fill the wheel wells, I decided to go the shackle route. Total time to complete was about 3 hours with the help of a good friend, and air tools. This included some web searches, and a beer brake or 3. Appreciate everyones discussion on this topic and here is the final result.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks good, I've got my Shackle kit sitting on the work bench waiting for install time.

3. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great!
    I am waiting for the same kit to arrive.. any big advice that might help?

4. dock420

dock420 Member

I followed this link http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118247 . Im sure the same info is on this site, but this was pulled up when I got to my friends house. The only other advise I can give is that air tools are your friends. I couldn't imagine doing it without that. Good luck...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

SEXY! The more i see of the NBS trucks lowered (whether it be just to level it.. or an actual drop) the more I love them! :great:

6. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the link, will definitely use air tools once I get the kit in and find some time to do the install..

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look's great man, I done mine too although it is an oldie the result was still very rewarding. :great:

8. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

That is a little more noticable than I thought it would be. I like it, but for my truck I like the raked look over the level. Awesome job keep up the mods!

9. dock420

dock420 Member

dadngt:
    You could always do the shackle install but leave the blocks in. I think was 1 1/2 inch difference after takeing thhose out. I can measure them later if you want. Just a thought.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012