1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lowes Holiday Hours - bad marketing

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Dec 27, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I put off going to Lowes last night becuase their website says they were open until 10 PM on 12/26. Cool. I drove up at 8:59 thinking that I had an hour left. WRONG. They closed down at 9 PM anyhow. I guess they didn't get the memo from corporate that they needed to stay open for another hour! I had to go to target and settle for a temp solution to my problem.

Maybe my eyes are giving me problems? That looks like 10pm to me.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes2/Promos/Holiday/images/storehours_banner.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://stores.lowes.com/lowes/cgi/i...&svv=true&fname=&snum=&sname=&ci=0&zip=&zipid=
  2. str8himalaya

str8himalaya New Member

Hours are by region, not a basic hour range. It all depends on what the competition is doing. You have to type in the zip code to get correct hours, and even then, they are slow updating the website. The only thing that is correct is the time on the doors, and the time they give you on the phone.
  3. ChevyFan

Well, I did type in the zip code and it pulled up my local store with a banner that said something like "This store will be open ..." so that leads me to think that THAT store would be open. It was not typical hours, it was the special hours with super-early morning hours and late evening hours. They opened early, just didn't stay late.
  4. str8himalaya

str8himalaya New Member

Hmm...wierd, i have never seen that problem. I work for Lowes so i know how that can be, our holiday hours are always a little quirky. Something i might have to pay more attention to.
  5. ChevyFan

Wow, people are still finding this post from a couple years ago. Just amazing.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Wow, almost 10,000 views as well.