Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LS or LT?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by D-rek07, Jul 25, 2013.

1. D-rek07

D-rek07 New Member

Hi,
    I am in the market for a new truck. I looked at a 2005 Silverado extended cab today that the ad said was an LT. When I got there I saw the LS emblem on the side. So I thought the ad was a typo. Anyways, it had separate climate controls and I think it had a bench seat in the front. It also had electric seats. So was it an LS or and LT? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like a LS to me...

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Probably an LS.
    An LS truck can be optioned out to be just like an LT, for that matter it could be optioned out like an LTZ, but the price for individual options ends.up costing much more than the upgraded package and there are some items that you cant option, like special paint, etc.
    True resale (which is the price an individual is willing to pay for an item, vs blue book which amounts to the avg price its believed the item should sell for) prices dont normally fluctuate much between LS and LT trucks, most buyers place the value on condition, options, mileage, and if all the equipment works correctly.
    When I buy trucks at auction I rarely pay attention to the trim level, especially if its optioned well.
    Peel the emblem off and option out the truck how it suits you best.