1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LS or LT??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kevinboy, Mar 10, 2010.

1. kevinboy

kevinboy New Member

Hi like i said on some other threads i am shopping 2002 2wd silverado's Just cuirious what is the difference in the LS and LT package. Aside from the leather, does the overhead console stuff only come in the LT?? And what about the HUD for mileage, temp, and stuff.

thanks kevin
  2. kevinboy

kevinboy New Member

anyone??????????????
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No silverado has a HUD (display projected on windshield). I believe you could get the overhead console on an LS extended cab, but i am not sure if the long console was available, or if you could only get the short console. Other than that, there was not much difference in the 02. The LT had the leather heated/memory seats and tilt adjustable headrests, I think an auto dimming mirror was either only available on, or only commonly found on the LT, and the LT was only available in extended cab, while the LS was available as regular or extended cab. I believe the center console was standard on the LT, and optional on the LS. For being seperate packages, the 99-02 GM trucks really didnt have much separating the LS from the LT.
  4. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

I have an LS and have the long overhead console as well as the center console and auto dimming rear view with compass. The only thing i dont have is the bose sound system and heated leather seats. Dont care for either one. But it could be becasue i have the Z71 4x4.
  5. kevinboy

kevinboy New Member

Thanks alot when i said hud i meant the compass and thermometer in the mirror. I dont know what it really was called. But i was also interested in the long overhead console.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have always preferred buying an LS truck, reason being you end up paying for a lot of frills you'll never use in an LT. Plus if you look at a lot of the LS trucks, they have been ordered with some LT options anyways. My first Silverado was an LS and it had the 5.1 surround sound BOSE system, full front and back leather seats, moonroof, and overhead console. It just depends on how they order them.
  7. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Apparently there were some LS trucks with the auto dimming mirrors (thats what gave you the compass and temperature on an 02. The bose sound wasnt an option on gm trucks except suv's such as escalade until 2003, so that is not a difference. In 2002, i think there were few to no LSs that could be ordered with leather. You may have been able to get a 4.3L V6 in the LS though, while the 4.8 V8 was standard on LT until 2003.

So the list of things you could only get on the LT so far is:
    - full power/heated/memory seats with tilting headrests

and apparently thats the only thing you couldnt order on an LS in 2002.
  8. kevinboy

kevinboy New Member

Thanks again guys i have been researching the hell out of theese trucks. Now i just need to find one for a decent price. What i want is and 01 or 02 with a 5.3, buckets, auto dimming mirror, overhead console, ext. cab 4 door. I dont really care about the leather and the heat though. I am hoping to find an LS with the options that i want. Like the other guy said I have noticed that the LT's cost a bit more for not a whole not more truck. I am hoping to find one with less than 100k or so for under maybe $9000 $8500 or so. Hopefully it will look like this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]