1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LS2 heads on a 4.8L??

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by nos351wcm, Oct 3, 2009.

1. nos351wcm

nos351wcm Rockstar

Hey fellas, bought 2 LS2 heads at carlisle yesterday, i was told they had 27,000 miles and came off a corvette. they are aluminum, have the valves and springs in them too. I will spray them with a dye penetrate soon to see if they are cracked, they look good, but wont know for sure untill they are sprayed.

I plan to install them on my 2000 silverado 4.8l along with new shorty headers.
    Now for my ??s
    1. i remember reading before that the 4.8 has flat top pistons. (or dished, i cant remember) does anyone know if they are flattop or dished?

2. im almost postitive that the heads will bolt on to a 4.8/5.3/6.0 block. Can anybody confirm this?

3. IS there anything i should know about. parts to install along with the heads. certain gaskets? As soon as i know the head combustion chamber cc's and the pistons cc's, i will calculate the compression ratio.

thanks guys
    Cheers from NJ