LSA crate drive train

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by aloxdaddy99, Apr 7, 2013.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I am sitting here watching the PowerBlock on Spike as I do most weekends. They just showed that GM Performance is now offering an LSA with 4l85E. That is the same drive train that is in the ZL1 Camaro. Not only does the kit come with engine/tranny it also includes all the extra stuff to make them run!!
    http://www.jegs.com/i/GM Performanc...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKmzy8bYuLYCFQ7znAoduHwAiw
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

and all for the low low price of $17,252.99....

Alex
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Yeah If I would have had crazy money when doing my swap, I would have actually bought a 572 GMPP fuel injected engine for $14,000 and got a 4l80e and been perfectly happy. Total horsepower 825 dyno proven. But that LSA is very very nice.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Those kits are crazy expensive but GM doesnt have a problem selling them theres custom car builders that have no problem parting with that kind of money for a drop in kit that can be assembled and running in 2 days. It makes engine conversions a snap and theres a lot of customers out there willing to pay for that ease.
  5. Gold Z

Gold Z New Member

I wish I was one of the custom car builders that have no problem affording those engines but I'm just a poor boy.