1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LSA Swap?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by KyleZ71, Nov 27, 2013.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hey everyone was just searching around crate engine costs as the Silverado is pushing over 140,000 miles and came across the LSA crate engine. Just wondering if anyone attempted the swap and/or is possible to do so. I know I would get a new transmission as well since the stock one was already rebuilt once.

2. KyleZ71

I can't be the first one to think of this. :lol:Good power for the money (supercharged engine from the ZL1 and CTS-V) and much cheeper than the LS9

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I don't know why you couldn't do it. I thought an ls block was an ls block. If the motor mount locations are the same I would thing a simple harness and computer swap would do the trick

4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Any ls is gonna bolt in, its all the accessories like a/c alt water pump etc that are gonna hang you up. Hood clearance won't be a problem on a truck like car is but getting everything in and not burning up belts might take up some of your time and money asyour stickers might not all match up, especially with the lower set intake and supercharger. If you got the cash go for it, just remember that your gonna need the ecu and more than likely headers and exhaust work.

5. KyleZ71

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured the accessories would be a problem but didn't think of the belt clearance issues.