1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LSD Diff

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by coloradoz85, Feb 2, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. coloradoz85

coloradoz85 New Member

I am thinking about a LSD Diff what is the best for the money? I am looking for something that will get me throught the woods without having to worry about one wheel braking loose.and where can I find it.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Howdy, The quickest, easiest and probably the cheapest way is a "lunch box" locker. It can be installed without taking the carrier out of the housing and requires no bearing replacement or set up. It can be done at home with a minimum of tools.
    Next best way is to get a complete posi axle from the bone yard. Another easy swap that can be done with a minimum of tools.
    Next comes adding a posi to your existing axle. I would recommend an Eaton Auburn style Posi but there many more to choose from.
    A Posi like this requires special tools and knowledge and should be installed by a professional for best results although if you have the tools it can be done at home depending on your skill level.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you are looking for traction and street ability I would run an ARB air locker. It's what I plan to run in my truck
  4. 92WT

92WT New Member

I'm looking at the powertrax no-slip myself. Easy install and excellent lockup but still streetable and no wearing parts like clutches. Theyre breakable on the drag strip or with a high power V8 and huge tires but for normal people theyre quite nice, look up the pros and cons on the web.

First you should figure out exactly what axle you have so you can accurately see whats available.