1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LTZ's and backup camera

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Natesriv, Jul 19, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Natesriv

Natesriv New Member

Wow, I was just at the dealership getting the Captiva's windows tinted, and was out on the lot. The '13 LTZ's have a backup camera, and it shows in the rearview mirror...I want to retrofit my wife's 2012 one day with that!!!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

that can be done plenty of co's have aftermarket mirrors with built in screens

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Not taking anything away from the guys/gals with mirror backup displays, but if you like bigger, the nav radio uses the complete screen for display (if you have the nav radio installed).

My wife needs gps, but it's not in her car, I have looked at a couple of gps/reverse camera units. The camera attaches to the rear and talks to the portable gps wirelessly (is that a word?). You get the best of both, bigger backup screen, portable gps.

4. Natesriv

Natesriv New Member

There's a local shop which installs such stuff.... I think for xmas I'll get her the backup camera/video with built in garage door opener