1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lubing Suburban Rear Door Hinges

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rs6er, Dec 3, 2009.

1. rs6er

rs6er Rockstar

For as long as I've had my truck the rear doors make ungodly squealing noises when I open and close them. I've lubed anything I can see, but the noise seems to come from inside the doors. Any suggestions?
  2. osduck5

osduck5 New Member

Thank goodness I am not alone. I am ashamed to even open the doors when someone is around. They sound like they are a 100 years old. I did get some of the noise to go away by using white lithium grease spraying it onto the hinges and under the rubber boot that is around the hinge. I have to do this about once a month to kieep it from sounding like fingernails on a chalk board.
  3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

White lithium grease has always worked for me... My '95 Tahoe was notorious for that...
  4. chew246214

chew246214 Rockstar 100 Posts

other stuff that works great for it is spray red grease can get it at most auto parts and if not find a marie shop they should have it... used to used it on my jeeps to lube the heim joints when they started to squeek, lasted and worked better then white it does not wash away when it gets wet... also on door latch assemblies it works wonders on... even the old 80's tailgat latches.. thought I had to replace.. sprayed clean with brakeclean then lubed up and they worked again... that sold me right there
  5. rs6er

rs6er Rockstar

Can't really see where to lube inside of door.
  6. D.sluff

D.sluff New Member

im sending the car out for paint this month and i have to strip the door pannels etc so the door jambs and everything can get painted so while im at it i figured id replace the seals, can u get the seals for the doors/windows/rear hatch from the dealer still, or is there anyplace online u can buy new seals?