1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lucas oil products?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nmreddirtfan, Mar 8, 2009.

1. nmreddirtfan

nmreddirtfan New Member

I have a 1996 GMC Sierra with a 5.7 L so far I have used the injector cleaner, the oil stabilizer, and the Transmission Fix i am amazed at how much difference it has made just wondered if anyone else had any stories good or bad

http://www.lucasoil.com/

Attached Files:

2. ewarz

ewarz New Member

I use their injector cleaner in all my cars. I switched to them a while back after a friend recommended it and I've been very happy.

I haven't tried their other products yet... but I plan to. :glasses:
  3. themexicandoctor

themexicandoctor New Member

My trans was going, for about 3 months, every now and again, it would lock up but I always managed to get it to settle down and then a fter a long drive it went - I already had the Lucas in my turck stored away unopened and was going to put it but my mechanic said no.

Well I was so far away, I put it in anyway, without draining the other stuff - the tranny unlocked, the noise went away, and I kept on driving it for another 9 more months.

I only wished I had put it in there, when I first had a tranny problem - instead I drove it for thee more months and probably did a lot of damage in that time that would have been mitigated by the Lucas.

The stuff works.

Now I have a differential/axle that is about to go and wish I had done the same with that.

As for the tranny, I switched it out with a Jasper, because it was a 460 LE, havent had a problem since and my rig is always overloaded.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

I've had good luck with Sta-Bil & Sea Foam
  5. Big_Ben

Big_Ben New Member

I believe in Sea Foam for everything Oil and Fuel related. Nothing beats it. However, when it comes to the transmission fluid, I changed the fluid in my pan, added new fluid and dumped a bottle of Lucas Oil Transmission fix in and it improved shifting tremendously! Almost completely eliminated the harsh 1-2 shift at slow acceleration although it still does it from time to time.