Luckiest Truck Owner Ever

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by peachsmooth, Mar 15, 2016.

1. peachsmooth

peachsmooth New Member

I'm a new member on here. I have this crazy idea and this crazy passion. At the moment I own a Chrysler 300. I'm stuck in this paradox between a luxury vehicle and a truck. Over the past couple of years I've seen tons of different trucks, and I know some who have jeeps. One of my friends has a jeep and did some mods to it and ever since then it has inspired me to want a off roading, personally modded, bada** vehicle! But I want one that has purpose and function. Not just a offroading machine, but something that is very capable, versatile, and a jack of all trades type of vehicle. So my first conclusion to something I like is the Chevy Avalanche or Cadillac Escalade EXT, but both don't have much towing capacity; so if I decided to get a 12,000 camper in the future, I'll need to have something strong enough. I told my friends the dilemma and they said that those trucks are fake and that I need a real mans truck. A cummins, power stroke, or duramax...... The truck that I've been researching is the 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax..... Maybe Spec Ops addition to give it that avalanche look haha... But I really think this is the vehicle for me. I want to black it out and make it look aggressive, like a offroad beast, and to serve purpose and function. It'd be so awesome if I could somehow get one of these trucks and become like a promoter or marketer for chevy or an aftermarket company. I'm in NC so that'd be the most miraculous situation ever. It'd be a dream come true. This is just a long shot and I doubt it would ever happen but here goes the try.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hmmmm, ok. After reading your post, my first thought would be, what's the odds of needing to tow a 12,000 lbs trailer. That's one mother of a camper.

The Avalanches are Suburbans with different sheet metal. If your listening to your friends, the odds are you don't need a new 2500 (my 2 cents)

But hey, welcome to the club.

3. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum, The Cadillac has a bigger and more powerful engine. If it is luxury your are into in a truck , check out the GMC Sierra Denali.

4. peachsmooth

peachsmooth New Member

Thank you. So what would you recommend? I really like the Avalanche/Escalade EX, but my friends say how crappy they are, and that they aren't real trucks. I'm not sure at all because I'm new to this. I wouldn't mind having a diesel if that matters haha. I'd like to be able to put a nice bar and winch on the truck as well. I want to learn about all of this stuff because I find it interesting, and I think knowing about vehicles and how they operate are valuable pieces of knowledge in life.
    something like these, to help you guys out

avy003.jpg survival-chevy-660.jpg SpecOps.jpg

5. peachsmooth

peachsmooth New Member

I don't want this to happen to me

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

All I can tell you, is that I have an Avalanche, with towing package, and 4x4. It tows well, it works fine off-road and in Canadian snow.

The demand was low, so with the newest body style, the Avalanche and it's Caddy cousin were dropped.

7. squatchy

squatchy Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Best way to have that not happen, dont hook chains, its retarded. Proves nothing, other than that you are probably retarded. Your friends sound like a dbag I work with. He says avy's arent a mans truck. Hes the type that has a power joke 6.0 to pull a 16 foot bass boat 2 blocks to the boat ramp. Unless you are gonna be hooked up to a trailer regularly you dont need a diesel. Diesel is low rpm, low rpm is not off road friendly. You're gonna want high revs to get out of some stuff playing in the mud.

RayVoy, peachsmooth and thegawd like this.
  8. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

that was the stupidest video ever. i sure hope destroying those tires and whatever else was worth it. idiots. if thats what you want a truck for dont buy one.

JTWard likes this.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Loving the Outdoors Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I can tell you this I've owned a few trucks/Large SUV's The Avalanche is the most versatile, and a jack of all trades type of vehicle you will ever own!! From Show to go. I do everything in this truck from Shows and Ad's to Camping and Moving people with it. I have played at 80 MPH on the Westside Highway in NYC with a BMW 5 series (Do not do it unless you know how to drive in NYC) and won. Lets just say the BMW and a White CRV did not like each other... I have towed up to 7000Lbs at 65 MPH with no problem, and I can put 8x4 sheets of ploy wood in the back and keep it dry all day.. If GM's pricing and Marketing did not SUCK the Avalanche would still be around.. There is a new package from GM coming soon with the bed of the Avalanche sort of with the side saddle bags but no Midgate I heard it should be here by April.. But we all know how GM thinks.. They will just put a sticker on a truck and call it a package and raise the price..