Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lug nut torque specs

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by garyfb, May 16, 2005.

1. garyfb

garyfb New Member

Does anyone have the torque specs for the front wheel lugs on a 1999 Tahoe.

Thanks

2. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Alloy wheels, 80-90 ft. lbs. No more or they will warp.

3. shotgun

shotgun New Member

The guys who put my last tires on must have put them on to 150 ft. lbs. I almost had to jump up and down on the tire iron to get them loose when I had a flat.

4. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Yeah, they pobably had them at least 110 ft lbs. I have an electric impact wrench I use, and it goes to right around 85 ft lbs. You can also buy "torque sticks" for the appropiate setting.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

those are the only ones that I have ever used myself. Never called it a Torque stick though.

6. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

I might have confused you. A "torque stick" is an extension that goes on the end of a 1/2" drive ratchet that will slip when it reaches the correct torque it is made for. Check out the website I have pasted below. They are pretty handy to have around, especially for lug nuts, etc.

www.torquestick.com

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

OK, I had a totally different picture in my head about it. We used to call this the clutch concept. My drills have this for example.