Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Luggage Carrier / Roof Rack 1994 Suburban Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by lobo93065, Mar 13, 2011.

1. lobo93065

lobo93065 New Member

Hi,

I removed parts of the luggage carrier on my roof so I can repaint them. There are some gaskets around the bottoms of each one that are brittle, and I would like to replace them. I checked a few online sources, but wasn't able to find much in this area. (LMC Truck is where I have been getting most of my parts.)

There is the main luggage rack, which I have not removed yet, and there are four metal strips screwed down to the roof. These run in parallel from the front of the roof to the back. There may be some waterproofing around the screws also.

Can someone point me at a supplier for these gaskets?

Thanks

2. lobo93065

lobo93065 New Member

Thanks for the tip. I checked that site, and couldn't find anything related to roof hardware or luggage rack. I'll need to find some part numbers before I can take it further. I'll try to call them and see if they can help.

My rack looks like anodized aluminum. The anodization is wearing off. So I'll probably lightly sand the surface and paint with aluminum primer and black paint. Sorry, this probably doesn't help you if the paint is thick on yours.