1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lutz leaves GM as outspoken as always

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]If, after 50 years in the auto industry, Bob Lutz still hasn’t learned to keep his mouth shut, well, he’s retiring soon.

More...

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Haha, I met him last August and I think he could whoop up on me if he wanted to. Sharp as a tack, smart as a whip, full of energy and passion for cars. I hope I've got that much energy when I'm 60, let alone 80.

*** This article is a quick read - If you read one article on Bob Lutz leaving GM, make it this one ***

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Agreed i read it soon after it was posted.. The AUTO industry as a whole just lost a huge part of what made it not only interesting but also a way for enthusiasts to still get the cars that they want the way they want them.....

4. Danko

Danko Former Member

I had the honor of working with Mr. Lutz at Chrysler's SHAP plant. I am retired and have had few true heroes in my life but this gentleman is at the top of my list. I gave a talk summarizing the efforts we had made in quieting some of Chrylser's junk cars and on the stage behind me were the corporation's top four men, including Mr. Lutz. As I pointed out items on an i/p we had essentially added foam all over, he leaned onto my right should and reached over me and had to actually touch whatever I discussed. He is LITERALLY a hands-on man! He acts like an engineer and understand what it takes to excite people with vehicles worthy of their consideration and at GM was allowed to influence the product like he should always have been allowed to. Semper Fi Mr. Lutz!!!!

5. Fritz.Monica

Fritz.Monica New Member

He shall be greatly missed by the Industry and car aficionados!

6. shivam

shivam New Member

the whole industry as well as staff will missed himm.................