1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lyrid Meteor Shower

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cheez, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

The Lyrid meteor shower rolled through tonight. Since it was a new moon there was very little light! This is excellent news when it comes to taking pictures of stars. Tonight I was in a star trail mood so here's what I came out with.
    [​IMG]
    Anybody else watch it? We saw about 10 really nice meteors and lost track of all the small passers.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Did not notice it tonight. Too many lights in Gonzales...cain't see crap.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Storming here; couldn't see a single star due to clouds and rainfall...
  4. Cheez

It was storming up until about noon here. After that it went away and left plenty of clear sky.
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man Cheez I really like that kind of thing. I wish I had known about it. Great picture man. We often have nice clear sky's here and we are out in the country so you can see all the stars. I wish I new how to set my camera for that kind of picture. Great job. :great:
  6. Cheez

It's not too hard out here to find an open spot either. This picture was actually 50, 20 second exposure, pictures stitched together. It's not at all hard to do just a lot of necessary gear (tripod, remote trigger, plenty of time). Thanks for the kind words too!