Made some mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zigger215, Jan 8, 2013.

1. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

So this is my new front end, still waiting on my bumper to arrive. All I did was cut the grill in and instead of leaving a little sliver of the silver piece, I removed it all together and fiberglassed the grill frame to look factory. Then I paint matched (the way the light hit the truck it makes the grill look lighter but it isn't).

image-2873680678.jpg

image-1967598441.jpg

image-563302194.jpg

image-1598733243.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Nice work! It looks very clean and custom. Are you going with a painted bumper cap on the new bumper or is it going to be black also?
  3. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Thanks! I'm going to pain match, the new bumper will have a built in lower valance with a big space for another billet grill, so it should flow really well
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Bumper cap btw
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

that will look really nice! Not that it matters, but I was thinking that it wood look awesome with a painted bumper cap. What kind of head lights are those? are they for a GMC?
  6. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Those are spyder one piece headlights. They are for the silverados. The setup was designed so you just cut the divider piece out at the grill frame and then stick them in but since I was doing the one piece billet grill I decided to bondo the gaps then lay a few layers of glass over the entire frame.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

That looks awesome!! Not only do I like the original part, it turned out very classy. Nice job.
  8. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Thanks! Just gotta get the bumper and do some odds and ends (factory 20" rims) and maybe one day she will be worthy of running for ROTM. Most of her goods are in the interior
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

She's worthy now....you should nominate yourself.
  10. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Lol I appreciate that but I want to have her close to a finished project before I nominate for ROTM. There are always some super nice trucks in the running! I'm close to a deal that will change out last year SQC sound system setup to a new brand and a new look, once I get the project finished I will run for ROTM probably.
  11. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Sounds good....just keep in mind that most of us are never where we want to be with our rides, as they always seem to be a work in progress. Make sure you nominate yourself whenever you feel comfortable and know that just because you run once, doesn't mean you can't compete again. You have a very nice ride and I think it will do well regardless of the mod stage you're in. :great:
  12. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

You are very right! Finish one mod, think of another...crazy, it never ends. Thanks for the compliments, that's huge, definitely the driving force behind our creative ideas!
  13. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

She looks amazing, hope you win some blue ribbons with her.
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

[MENTION=50750]zigger215[/MENTION],
    You always do nice, clean work. It's a shame you don't live in NC, as you, me, and Alox could start a modding biz, as we'd have most of the expertise areas covered, I think!

Also, you of all people should know that mods and upgrades are never done. (You've replaced your sound system or components thereof how many times, so far? :rofl:) But run for ROTM when you are comfortable...
  15. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Thanks surreal, you know how it is, right when you are your last puzzle piece to your sound system, it's time to yard it all out and start again. I'll shoot you a pm, I'm about to start a new build thread, wait till you see the build!!
  16. Kady

Kady New Member

Too bad I'm not closer to any of you guys! Since the accident, I'm trying to figure out a few things to do to the Tahoe instead of putting it back with the stock look.. I could use help!
  17. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

It's also warmer here than up north where you are. So move!

A number of us used to do our mod brainstorming on this site's chat system. It was a great way to bounce ideas off one another or get others' feedback as to what they thought might look good (or not good!). Sadly, chat's still not been restored to the site, else I'd suggest we use it.
  18. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Lol but I love Alaska!!! This site in general is great for "stealing" ideas from other members lol.
  19. Kady

Kady New Member

Why no chat??? there was an instant messenger as well, wasn't there?
  20. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I dunno -- Steve removed it.