1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Made some mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zigger215, Jan 8, 2013.

1. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

So this is my new front end, still waiting on my bumper to arrive. All I did was cut the grill in and instead of leaving a little sliver of the silver piece, I removed it all together and fiberglassed the grill frame to look factory. Then I paint matched (the way the light hit the truck it makes the grill look lighter but it isn't).

image-2873680678.jpg

image-1967598441.jpg

image-563302194.jpg

image-1598733243.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nice work! It looks very clean and custom. Are you going with a painted bumper cap on the new bumper or is it going to be black also?
  3. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Thanks! I'm going to pain match, the new bumper will have a built in lower valance with a big space for another billet grill, so it should flow really well
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Bumper cap btw
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

that will look really nice! Not that it matters, but I was thinking that it wood look awesome with a painted bumper cap. What kind of head lights are those? are they for a GMC?
  6. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Those are spyder one piece headlights. They are for the silverados. The setup was designed so you just cut the divider piece out at the grill frame and then stick them in but since I was doing the one piece billet grill I decided to bondo the gaps then lay a few layers of glass over the entire frame.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

That looks awesome!! Not only do I like the original part, it turned out very classy. Nice job.
  8. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Thanks! Just gotta get the bumper and do some odds and ends (factory 20" rims) and maybe one day she will be worthy of running for ROTM. Most of her goods are in the interior
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

She's worthy now....you should nominate yourself.
  10. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Lol I appreciate that but I want to have her close to a finished project before I nominate for ROTM. There are always some super nice trucks in the running! I'm close to a deal that will change out last year SQC sound system setup to a new brand and a new look, once I get the project finished I will run for ROTM probably.