1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MAF / Throttle Body Spacers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Zo1shot, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Zo1shot

Zo1shot New Member

I have an 03 chevy 2500HD 6.0L, I put an airraid CAI on as well and a CAT back dual exhaust. I wanted to know if there is way to get rid of the stuff inside the stock MAF. I think its called the silencer, but I want to have a better flow of air to the engine. Also I wanted to know if it is worth buying a throttle body spacer. I heard mixed reviews. I have found one that will work with my CAI.

Zack
    Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
  2. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

A custom tune will allow more airflow through the MAF that is useable by the engine and don't waste your money on a TB Spacer. Put the money into a Custom tune.
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Depends on how much the TBS costs and how much money you have to spend. I bought a TBS on eBay for $40 but have seen some going for well over $100. So shop around before you buy an expensive TBS that will work as effectively or ineffectively as a cheap one. And it's hard to tell if it actually works or if those who have installed one are experiencing the "placebo affect". Only true way to know is to have your truck dynoed before and after the TBS installation.