Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

MAFS How offten do you clean it? Or don't you?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Enkeiavalanche, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Mass Air Flow Sensor. Do you clean yours? If not Why? I do mine every 5000K. Better pickup, Better MPG it only takes about 10 mins. and cost is about $6.00 for a can that will last you for years..

2. 07silverado07

07silverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

I clean mine everytime i change the oil usually, dont really know how often that is cause i change oil when the oil life monitor says change engine oil:lol:. but i use crc mass airflow sensor cleaner. it really works and can tell a difference when you clean the maf.

3. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I clean my MAF sensor every time I change my oil, also. This should be part of regular maintenance on your truck. I will also clean it in between oil changes if i think I need it.:great:

4. 07silverado07

07silverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

also when i change my oil i dont stop with cleaning the maf i also clean my throttle body!!!!

5. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

iv never heard of this sensor, is it on my truck?

6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Don't have one on my '94 K1500...

Think they started putting on '99 and beyond.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I will be honest and say that I have never cleaned mine on any of my trucks, If It don't throw a code and isn't visibly nasty than why mess with it?

With that being said I got a lecture from the mechanic I took my S-10 to for a tune up a few months ago, he showed me the MAF and it was encrusted in carbon buildup and you couldn't even see the surface of the MAF sensor. Yeah I guess I should clean it every now aand then, but it's one of those things that is easy to forget.

8. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 Rockstar

just cleaned mine for the first time in the life of the truck made a huge difference, got power much:lol:

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Clean it every 5000-8000 miles and you will keep it clean.. and feel the differance.....:great:

10. csattley14

csattley14 Rockstar

Where are the located at on the NBS silverados?