1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Magic Relay Noise Maybe

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by asmines, May 6, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. asmines

asmines New Member

My neighbor asked me to see if I could figure out what's up with his 93 GMC half ton. It has a 350. Here are the symptoms. Hot or Cold engine when you turn the key to start the engine to the first position (not start) a fairly loud ticking noise begins it sounds like a relay going open and shut it lasts for 15 seconds or so. The engine starts with or without the noise stopping. Shut the motor down and the same sound comes back and again lasts 15-30 secs. The noise seems to come from down by the heater blower. I thought it might have something to do with the fuel pump or its relay so I pulled the fuse pump fuse but I still get the tick tick tick for about 20 second and the engine isn't running. This happens every time I turn power on or off. Very weird.... I'm an old dude with a couple old hot rods I work on and everyone in the neighbor hood thinks I can fix their car. Please help.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would occasionally get the same sound with my 1995. I never figured it out. I was thinking to check the blower motor relay (I think it is down there) But, sold it before I got to it