Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Magnaflow cat back

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by sidedrifter, Nov 29, 2006.

1. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

I just had a new catback exhaust system built for my 99 yesterday. I went 3 inch with a Magnaflow muffler. Wow it made a big difference in performance it is a bit loud for some but we really like it. My stock system was necked down at the end of the header so we cut it off there and went 3 inch all the way back. My muffler guy said he had never seen one like it and he had done a bunch of them. Anyway we are very happy with the results. :D

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very nice. You had it done at a local shop?

3. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

Yes this guy is good he is building a 38 Dodge all mopar 2 door sedan thats very nice.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There are a few speed shops that do good work around here, but they charge a premium. There are the standard places, but I'm not sure if they can do aftermarket stuff very well. I'm caught in the middle on options. We need a "recommend/rate your local shop" forum on here I think.

5. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve,

If you need some custom work done I can get you name of a friend of mine who owns a muffler shop just east of McKinney. It's quite a drive for you, but he's well worth it. I'm not sure what his rates are, but he is very fair.

Sidedrifter,

I put a bolt on Magnaflow cat back system on my 99 Suburban a few months back and love it as well. Nice mellow tone that sounds great and it improved my gas milage about 10%.

6. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

Re: RE: Magnaflow cat back

This is a muffler shop he just builds himself some very nice toys he also built a Suzuki Samarai 4x4 with a Mazda rotary in it. Its a animal. He bolts paddle tires on it for the sand.
    Gary K I put Magna flow setups on all my rigs except the Dodge because it is still under warrenty.

7. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This is the first time I have used Magnaflow, but I am very pleased with it. My wife's Durango, both of my Firebirds and my old truck all have Flowmasters. I put the Magnaflow on the Suburban because I have to carry clients occasionally and it not quite as loud as the Flows.

8. ChevyFan

LOL, I can relate. We have to make our toys civilized sometimes! :lol:

9. oldasdirt78

oldasdirt78 New Member

10. jerseymike68

jerseymike68 Rockstar

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 17903. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.