1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Magnaflow Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by amledesm, Feb 21, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. amledesm

amledesm New Member

I bought a 08' Tahoe with a 5.3L V8 Flex fuel system with a tow package and was thinking of putting a Magnaflow w/dual exhaust in it. Some places are telling me I would have to remove the spare. Would the sound change when it drops to a 4 cylinder? Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciated.
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've heard that the sound does change alittle when it drops to the 4cyl mode. I don't think it will be very noticeable with the magnaflow. About the spare, Just go on their site and select one of they're kits and it will tell you if it needs to be removed. If it was me I'd just get the shop to bend some pipe around the tire with a heat shield instead of removing it.
  3. amledesm

amledesm New Member

ok thanks for the info. I just wanted to find out what will work and that the muffler shop is not looking to make a quick buck.
  4. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been to quite a few shops around here and I've found that a good gut feeling about the place is usually good. If you unsure at all make sure to shop around to find someone your comfortable working on your 30K Truck.
  5. Trident

Trident New Member

I just put a MF exhaust on my 08 Silverado 2500HD. Clearance was tight next to the spare (less than an inch), but all you have to do is lower the spare a couple of inches, hold it to the left a bit while you re-crank it back up tight. Get's you another inch or so. Plenty of room. Make sure you double check with MF on the bed length of your truck.
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the guy who owned my truck before me put edelbrock exhaust on with heat wrap around it where it passed by the rear tire, after i brought it home i saw that the spare had a nice groove melted in it from the exhaust and it was still prob two inches away... so be careful