1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Magnaflow Race Muffler's or performance mufflers for best performance or power?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 20, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

i just wanna ask if the race muffler's would give me more HP and Torque compared to the Maganaflow dual performance exhaust? Also would it be better to have 2 race muffler's 1 one each exhaust pipe compared 2 one considering i have a true dual exhaust and a magnaflow x pipe?
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member

My opinion I would go with the racing xl dual in dual out I think you will loose power going with tru duals you have to have a lil backpressure if you dont have some backpressure you will loose power with your bottom end.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah would i'm guessing power wise i could just but a magnaflow and have more power and torque than my flowmaster because the magnaflow flows straight thru causing the gas air ratio to move much faster making performance and power better.
  4. Caldwell

Caldwell New Member

the race muffler's are more designed for special applications...

if your looking to go true dual's on your truck, then I would just stick with a DI/DO Magnaflow ( X-core ) muffler. You get a 2 for 1 combo...
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i mean basically i'm just askin since i got true dual exhaust with 2.5 inch pipe ran from manifold's back but i just installed a magnaflow x pipe to give me back pressure and more hp and torque along with it and even the flow.I also installed a flowmaster 40 series muffler true dual and it helped even more run's way better than stock! I was mainly wanting to know would a magnaflow give me more air flow and add a few hp and torque also?