Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by carbon black, Jul 18, 2012.

1. carbon black

carbon black Member

I've only had my Magnaflow SS exhaust tips on my truck for 2.5 months BUT already they've turned to a goldish colour. I enquired about this and I was told that because of the extreme heat that this truck generates this is normal and there isn't anything that I can do about it. I've tried using metal polish on them but can't get rid of that goldish colour.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or is there anything that can be done to bring back that nice stainless steel colour and keep it.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know on chrome pipes on Harleys they recommend you "burn the pipes in" by riding the bike a few miles then allowing the pipes to cool, after cooling you ride a few more miles, you have to repeat thsi cycle a few times then after the pipes cool the final time use a chrome polish.
    At my local Harley dealer they have a chrome polish that is supposed to restore the chrome luster to pipes not properly burnt in.

Check Adams Polish's, they run specials on here and might have a product that'll help.