Magnaflow Tru X Pipe run's best with a Magnaflow straight thru muffler i read online!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 18, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guy's i ordered a Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe and should be here before or around friday. I recently read online that there x pipe work's best with the Magnaflow muffler than a chamber muffler like a Flowmaster. I don't think it's gonna really hurt the HP and extra Torque by much but i don't think it will be at full potential along with better air flow. I didn't know this until i read online but i still think it really want hurt they mostly said it would sound better and louder with the magnaflow muffler compared to a chambered one. If anyone know's more about this feel free to chime in and give me some knowledge lol!:great:

2. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah a straight thru muffler is basically just a glass pack and flows very well cus there are no baffles to redirect air flow (meaning its also louder). but a chambered mufller like a flowmaster, isnt really much more restrictive it just moves the air differenty to even the tone and quiet it down a bit more

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i just been doing some reading online lately and they said muffler's such as Magnaflow are better with a x pipe they didn't say it would affect HP and Torque if you have a Flowmaster chambered muffler they were just stating that the exhaust flow would be better because there is less restrictions is all. I will have my x pipe on tom. or friday depends on what time comes in tom. I heard they give you better even flow and cause the exhaust to be a lil bit lower tone and give you are 10HP and 10 Torque gains. Ha not bad for $85 bucks

4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the x pipe probably helps to even out the throatiness of the magnaflow......im more of an h pipe guy, love the sound but after your install you should try to post a b4 and after sound clip if you can

5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah the h pipe really isn't for performance it's for more of the sound that someone want's compared to a x pipe but don't get me wrong it's better than just running straights. The x pipe flow's faster and evens it out and make's the tone decibels go down compared to the h pipe. Also the x pipe has more HP and Torque gains compared to running open header's and the h pipe had a lower HP and Torque than both. I prefer HP and Torque over sound now because all my truck's i've had straight's with 4 inch tips and sounded good with no pop cause the tip's were big but to be honest they were slow as hell lol. I now would rather my truck's performance be better along with a better than stock sound. I guess it's all about what everyone want's both are good for different reasons.

6. Rockstarrchevy81

I will be installing the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe tomorrow sometime if it isn't too late but i'm ready to see the difference in performance like i did when i put muffler's on my truck a few weeks ago. I was reading online that the Magnaflows will help me have lower back pressure which is good for low end torque and should help with some horepower with it flowing better and faster. The magnaflow i want is around $93 bucks from www.autoanything.com i might end up changing from my flowmaster 40 series muffler to the Magnaflow straight thru design that's actually designed to go along with a x pipe. I will try to make sure someone buy's it online on craigslist then buy the muffler ha.

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

8. Rockstarrchevy81

I Installed the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe today and it really is what i was looking for! I installed them 2FT from my muffler I could tell it made the exhaust a lil bit quieter but not much at all really at higher RPM's it has that deep tone to them which i like allot. I can tell the exhaust coming out the tip's sounds more smooth and good toned and is a very good even flow. IT also feels much smoother shifting when i'm going thru the RPM's and i can tell i got some added HP and Torque along with it. I am overall pleased with them but before i could spin my tires at a complete stop at take off now i tried to do it it want even spin the tires what's the deal ha????????